A SUMMER IN PORTO-VECCHIO ...
YOU FEEL ? THE WALLS OF THE CITY BREATHE AS AN AIR OF GAIETY AND FREEDOM ... THIS IS THE PERFUME OF THE SUMMER!
The last ears of wheat are harvested ... the festivities can then begin!
Highlights to share with family or friends await you: polyphonic concerts, outdoor theater, expo, markets, traditional festivals ... As every year, A Festa di San Ghjuvà will mark the beginning of the festivities. Rendez-vous on June 23rd in front of the church to jump the fire of Saint John and pay homage to San Ghjuvanni Battista, patron saint of Porto-vecchiais.
HOLIDAY HOLIDAY HAS SOUND!
Flip flops or sneakers? Choose your program! Whether in the seaside or in the mountains, the region of Porto-Vecchio will surprise you both by the beauty and the diversity of its landscapes. Beaches of fine sand, rivers, nature reserves, forests, creeks, authentic villages, waterfalls, hiking trails, Genoese towers, citadel, lighthouse, vineyards, archaeological sites, churches ... An exceptional heritage awaits you.
DISCOVER AS YOU LOVE!
For the sportsmen, the practice of nautical activities or of full nature leads to superb sites to take your breath away ... Go on excursion and let you guide by the professionals of the area. Take the Route des Sens Authentiques and meet the producers and artisans of the island, taste their succulent seasonal products. For lovers of shopping, happiness is in the high city of Porto-Vecchio where creators and traders have settled. Finally, history buffs and the curious will appreciate the guided tours organized in the heart of the ramparts of the city ...
There are many ways to visit Porto-Vecchio. It's up to you to choose the one you like!
THE UNAVOIDABLE :
To help you, here are some ways to find out what you MUST NOT miss!
- Palombaggia beach, umbrella pines, white dunes ...
- A cruise at sea to discover Lavezzi and Cerbicale Islands,
- Canyoning in the Bavella Massif,
- The aperitif on the marina,
- Shopping by night in the heart of the Genoese citadel,
- The festival of Luddareddu, pure tradition Portovecchiaise, July 31 on the place of the Republic,
- A hike in the massive Ospedale, his village perched at 900m above sea level and peaceful dam surrounded by forest.
- A stand up paddle session in the beautiful bay of Santa Giulia,
- The authentic villages of Alta Rocca,
- The fireworks of the assumption pulled from the marina,
- A tasting of local products: wines, cold meats, cheeses ...